Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 1 Check in

I swear I won't check in about this every week-- I'll stick to major milestones, but I must say that although I miss certain foods and sweet tea A LOT, that I'm loving how I feel already and I'm really loving my runs. I can also wear two pairs of pants that I couldn't wear last week :)

Back in the day, about 5 years ago, I started running while my heart was broken, because I could think and process without crying. Have you ever tried to cry while running? You can't, because there is not enough oxygen! Anyway, it didn't take much, I built up to high mileage with no problem. One day I went to run 6 miles and when I finished, I realized that I had actually run 12! And I just kept going. I felt great, looked great, and ate a lot of queso-- life was good :)

But this time around, there is a lot more wiggle and jiggle. AND I have to plan my runs around babies and childcare. But I did complete week one, I never was sore, and my milk supply is going strong, so bring on week 2! I did want to say that the Couch-to-5k plan is so very doable for anyone- I swear. And if you get the app for your phone and get some music to sync up with it, it's really fun. Honestly, I really look forward to my running days.  And I do hope to keep going long after I reach that 5k!

And my official week one weigh in, after exactly 7 days, I'm down 3 pounds. Woot Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment