Find the weekly questions here: http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/
1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
Groan! Because it's usually one of the kids which means some sleepless nights for this mommy! And yes, I think we will get the flu shot this year- mainly because of our little preemie Jack who isn't old enough for it yet but has the compromised immune system as well. I also got the flu last year, while pregnant, and gave it to Max who was about 15 months old and it was HORRIBLE.
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
Praying! Talk to God about it, find some Truths in His word, and then rest there. But if I'm honest, I need to take this advice to heart!
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
Only 2? I have (1) a really good husband and (2) three really good boys. Although they do bring chaos, messes and stress to my life, their smiles, hugs, laughter, and bright blue eyes are my favorite things!
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
Ummm, let's see, when I lose 17 more lbs then I'm all in! Can't wait for the tunics and I've been dying to pull off a pencil skirt for a while, but it just didn't seem like the right thing to do while pregnant!
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
Nope and nope.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
Pumpkin! Pumpkin bread, pumpkin desserts, and most importantly, PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES.... but alas, they must wait until I achieve my weight loss goal.
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
Patience, kindness, love, organization, and a leader worth following.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've got a crick in my neck for the third day in a row- I think it's from sleeping funny because I woke up with it 3 mornings ago. BUT I have actually, in all honesty, entertained the thought more than once, that it could indeed be something much worse like the onset of cancer or a horrible brain tumor. Can you say hypochondriac?