Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Weekend to End Breast Cancer

In September, my mom and I are joining forces with St. Vincent Foundation, in a 2 day walk around Indianapolis, to raise money to stop the horrible disease known as breast cancer before it gets to one more loved one.  I know there are many walks around the country, but this walk supports the hospital in Indianapolis, where my grandmother is receiving treatment.  Personally, I am trying to raise $2,000 in support of this.  Would you please consider supporting me in The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. Proceeds will benefit the critical work of St.Vincent Foundation, funding cancer patient access, survivorship programs, and care for the under and uninsured in the battle to end both breast and gynecologic cancers.

*** Please check out my personal page for more information on how to donate:  http://in10.endcancer.org/goto/LaurenBowman *****

Also, if you are interested in following along with my Mamaw's journey with cancer and the work God is doing in her life and our lives, through it, please see status updates here: www.caringbridge.org/visit/norietasichting

I know that cancer is everywhere and has effected all of us in one way or another.  I follow many blogs about people who are fighting similar battles-- some of them with an ending that is really heart-wrenching for us still here on earth. This is the first time I've had to deal with it this closely, and let me tell you it really sucks.  I hope that not only an we all work together to further research to wipeout the nasty C-word, but also, that we will find time to talk with The Healer and Creator of our Universe about it all.  He is able to do ALL things, so let's pray BIG!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.  Ephesians 3:20-21.


Will you support me?

No comments:

Post a Comment