Monday, April 12, 2010

An Introduction and Further Commentary

Slowly, I'm going to begin introducing some of my peeps.  Obviously my hott hubby Chad, and our boys, Gabe and Max make regular appearances as I re-tell our stories and the many lessons I'm learning, but I have some other key players as well, so I'll introduce one of them today:  Anna Louise McCulloch Prusa-- she's pivotal in my commentary below.

Anna and I were roommates in college.  We actually met through my random potluck freshmen roommate and knew of each other for several months before we began hanging out.  She was one of those people that God puts in your life just at the right time and has just been there ever since.  We graduated college on the same day, got engaged at the same time (she actually married the guy she was engaged to, I did NOT... but we'll save that story for another time....) got pregnant with our first children within about 6 months of each other, and both moved to Woodstock, GA with our little families.  Our husbands get along great, we love each other's kids, we share a sweet Jesus, and we're just the kind of friends that you keep forever and ever and can tell really embarrassing or immature or sinful things to and know you're still loved.  She's one of my "if she's going down, I'm going down with her" kind of friends.  Her husband is Robert (I actually went to college with him too and got the watch their whole courtship, engagement, and now marriage, in action!) and her sweet little baby is Elizabeth Grace, who was 1 in March.  I'll link you over to her blog... but more as an inspiration for her to actually blog, because there isn't much there for you to read....

[caption id="attachment_165" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Meet Elizabeth Grace"][/caption]

Anyway, while I was hanging out with Anna this weekend, she commented on my "Irrational Fear" post and mentioned that I seemed to leave an essential part out!  And it's true... you see, I could've/ should've ended that post with the power of Jesus and how I need NOT be scared of those nasty things.  I know this is true-- and I even typed an amazing ending about not needing to worry or fear, and how Jesus has conquered it all.  But then I deleted it.  Why?  Because I'm just not there yet.  Now that doesn't not mean that Jesus is not all of those things- He most certainly is-- and if I was more mature, then I'd be able to choose that and live it.  But like I said, I'm just not there yet.  But Jesus is bigger than my stubborn, scared heart and can and will bring me to the end of myself and therefore the end of my fear.  And I hope He does-- but I also hope it doesn't involve me and a S-N-A-K-E or my baby and one.  I'm not sure what'd be worse.  But in the meantime, He loves me anyway, just as I am-- how amazing and grace-filled is that?

A side note:  Elizabeth Grace came over for a good portion of Saturday to hang out with me and Max while her parents got to go to the Masters.  Max had his first demonstration of selfishness when Elizabeth Grace picked up one of his rings:

[caption id="attachment_167" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Max: "Hey, that's mine?""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_168" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Elizabeth Grace: "So what, I'm bigger""][/caption]

It looks like Max isn't ready to be a big brother for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment