Monday, April 5, 2010

Baby Brother’s Birthday

Ok, I'm way behind but I have many great stories and pictures to share, so I'll try to catch up!

On Thursday, me and the boys (but no Chad) drove to Athens just for the evening to celebrate my brother's birthday.  My baby brother is 22!  Holy cow. (Do people still say "Holy Cow"?) It was incredible weather and he's such a sweet Uncle, so we drove up just for dinner and went to Calientos- where we got to eat outside- and then to Marble Slab for dessert- YUMMY!

Of course for me, it was bitter sweet because I LOVE Athens and it reminds me of how much I loved being in school there myself.  The is just something awesome about The University of Georgia and being a dawg fan-- Gooooo dawgs-- add in some old football season memories and I'm drooling.  I tried to figure out a way to go back to college during my visit, but for some odd reason, I just don't think it'd be the same with a husband, a 7 year old, and a baby- what do you think?  So I guess I'll just settle for visits instead!

What's funny it that when I was there, I couldn't wait to be out of college, with a job, and living on my own.  Then when I lived on my own, I couldn't wait to get married, and then once I had my better half, I was wishing for a baby.  For some reason I just kept on wishing my life away!

But this is NOT the case with my brother, Eli.  He is in his senior year and will be a super senior next year.  He has a very difficult major, and although he came in with a bajillion credits, he still has to stay longer.  I think he has 5867 minors as well-- he's the kid the gives overachievers their bad rep.  He gets incredible grades, busts his butt over projects, will stay up all night to finish something- crazy kid- and still finds a way to get scholarships and jobs and have friends and a really funny roommate- I just love it.  I'm not sure how he does it, but he's super cute too.  I could learn a thing or two from him!


And while Eli may be a little dingy-- and he might have some Noblitt stubborn in him too-- maybe-- but he's always been incredible with kids.  And now, with my kids, it's like 10 times better.  He loves them to death- and they love him right back!




And yes- I am already training (brainwashing) both of them to be little bulldawgs!


Ok- now this next picture sequence is a before and after- and seriously- it's too good to be true.  But it is true.  I saw it with my very own eyes. This IS how they walked down Lumpkin.


Before:


After:



Who knew behind the knee leg rolls could be so cute?


SO we really enjoyed celebrating with Eli, and the beautiful weather.  The boys were delightful even though we got in traffic on the way there- and I got another reminder of how precious life is right now, because before I know it, this too will be gone :(((  I'm taking notes from Eli's playbook and sticking around this stage for as LONG as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment