Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a really great Easter.  We got to spend it in Indiana with my family- including my parents, my middle brother, and my Mamaw and Papaw.  We went to my Mamaw and Papaw's church and then had a big extended family lunch at my uncle's house. This is our 3rd year in a row that we've done Easter Indiana-style, and this is the first time it was warm and sunny and beautiful.  There is just something about a beautiful Easter that does the heart good.


Easter is GREAT because my sweet sweet Jesus came to earth and lived a sinless life, then died on the cross to save me from my sins.  He did ALL of this while I was still a sinner- unclean and unworthy- but he saw I was in need of a Savior, so he met my need.  I do not deserve it, but I have eternal love from a perfect God, anyway. I've mentioned this before, but now that I'm a mother myself, I can NOT imagine giving up my own child for everyone elses mistakes- so now I am even more grateful for this unending and mercy-filled love The Father showed me.


It was really awesome to talk about Easter with Gabe this year- especially since this is his first Easter since asking Jesus into his heart.  He even got to take communion for the first time too.  What a cool conversation to get to have with such a little heart.  My prayer is that Max gets to that point too, at a young age.


Aren't these brothers so adorable?



(I'm sure this is one of the only years we'll get away with making them match!  Luckily Gabe is very easy to get along with and thinks Max is great... and Max thinks he's pretty darn awesome too.)


























This is Gabe, Max, and Addie (My cousin, Natalie's little girl)


My brother Sam and Addie



Max's First Easter





















My prayer is that you got a chance to think about what Easter is all about- our Jesus who rose from the dead for you and me- and the blessings that continue to flow from that unconditional love from our Heavenly Father.  Praise Him from whom ALL blessings flow! And if you don't know my friend Jesus, please let me know, I would LOVE to tell you about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment