Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Say What?! Borked

A couple times a day, Max brings me a toy or do-dad of some sort, and holds it up saying "I borked it". Clearly he means that he broke it- but he prefers to use the word "borke".

Now here's my dilemma- I love this made up word of his- I love that that's what he hears when someone talking about breaking or something being broken. I'm not sure if it's the configuration of his face and mouth when he makes this word or his little voice that I love so much, but regardless, it's one of my favorite things and I may or may not purposely break things just to hear it said.

So how do I make sure this stays around for a while? Do I go on like it's normal and not draw any attention to it? Or do I change my own use of the word to "borke" to reinforce it's use? I want to make sure he doesn't ever realize that he's pronouncing it incorrectly... at least not for a year or two!

Here's the deal- Please, no one fix this. I LOVE it when things get borkened!

No comments:

Post a Comment