Monday, October 24, 2011

SAHM!

About this time last year, we had an ending of an era as we, the Bowman family, made a switch to the swagger wagon. And although I traded in what was left of my cool points to make that happen, in hind sight, it was the way to go. And yes, I am "that person" who wouldn't be caught dead driving a minivan, now swearing by them. Lord help me.

Anyway, here we go again, changing our theme song... today I turned in my letter of resignation at work... I am now a Stay-at-home mom. Or if you're down with the super cool lingo, it's SAHM. This is something Chad and I have been praying over for 2 year- the 'if' this was what we were supposed to do and then the 'when' of it all, and finally this past Friday, God made it clear that now is the time.

So although my time at Investor's Watchdog has been so great, and I've learned so much, and even been a part of a book from start to finish-- it's time to move on and head home. I'll miss my wonderful co-workers, my great boss, and most certainly the peaceful quiet of my office-- especially in the chaos of raising small people and keeping up with a house full of boys and their messes but for now, this is exactly where I'm supposed to be, and I am so excited.

We're not sure how long I will be called to be home- 6 months, 6 years, 6 decades-- but for now, just know that I'm am relishing the blessings and the fruits of my husband's very hard work. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom, and my sweet husband has made this dream a reality. And we give God all the glory for that!

Now I don't plan to wear sweats all the time, or stand at the bus stop in my tennis skirt-- but I will probably drink some extra coffee daily!  I don't plan to take up baking, because then I will take up eating, and that would totally offset our gym membership. And I really hope I don't start calling Chad 376 times a day asking what he's doing... but I'm not going to make any promises, because I've learned my lesson about "I would never" statements.... hence the van in my garage and the crazy 2 year old that I still bring into public places....

So here's my box, all packed up, and heading to my new job: Managing Director and Co-founder at Bowman Enterprises... the pay is not so hot, but the rewards are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment