Thursday, June 24, 2010

Follow up: He is Enough!

If you didn't read "He is Enough"- then click here first.

A couple hours after posting yesterday, I got an email from a friend.  Because her email is of a private matter, I'm not going to go into many details, but she pointed out something REALLY cool, in light of jealousy, and I wanted to share it with you.  Here is what she had to say:
I read your blog this afternoon at work and wanted to share some thoughts I learned recently. It's no secret that I've been to Arizona and back over Eating Disorder issues, so I was blessed enough to get treatment at one of the top places...and I'm only telling you that bc one of the huge things they worked on with us was body image and comparing and similar things to what you mentioned (not to say you have an eating disorder OF COURSE...I think most women struggle w/comparing jealousy). Anyways, the body image therapist changed my life. One of the things she told me that I say over and over again in my head to myself...several times a day...is that comparison and jealousy will lead to one of two things.....Shame or Pride...and God doesn't want us to feel either of those.

Wow- that really offers some perspective!  Shame and pride are two words that I absolutely want nothing to do with-- either one of those things is enough for Satan to get a foothold in our lives, our minds, and our relationships.  Next time you deal with jealousy or comparison, even if it's not body issues or an eating disorder, I hope that little nugget of truth resonates with you.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10.

2 comments:

  1. I like your friend, she speaks the truth. Heard the same thing from my body image therapist when I was in Arizona for my own eating disorder. Think she and I should be friends :) P.S.- Your hott... in the most unprideful/unshameful sort of way of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That perspective really hits home. I need to keep that saying in my back pocket.


    And side note, I almost commented the other day on your post Meet the PP to tell you how great you looked! I should have done it!

    ReplyDelete