Sunday, August 21, 2011

3 months today!

Jack!  We rolled into town last night, after a wonderful week-long vacation, just in time for you to turn 3 months old!  You are 3 months today, 13 weeks yesterday, and your adjusted age is 8 weeks.  Time is flying- and in a good way.  You complete our new normal, and it is absolutely wonderful to have you as a part of our family. It's pretty obvious how sweet and good natured you are, and you love to be held-- thank you for that! And last night, you slept through the night!  I'm not sure if a) vacation exhausted you b) the car trip home exhausted you or c) you're perfect, but according to your Annie and Uncle Eli, it's C, and I think they're right!  Even if you don't sleep though the night again tonight (or tomorrow night for that matter) just know that I thoroughly appreciated a good night's sleep- and I didn't wake up once in a panic.



This month has been wild and crazy-- not only did you take your first vacation to the beach, but you took your first swim in the pool, and had surgery too.  I also had to use a suppository on you because you hadn't pooped for over 10 days and you were passing the stinky-est gas in the world.  Plus, we were about to get in the car for 8 hours and the last thing we needed was an explosion on the interstate :)  This is TMI, I know, but prior to surgery, you pooped once a day, in the afternoon.  And since surgery (which was 21 days ago) you've pooped twice.. and one of those was because of the suppository... which means it was mommy-induced! Yikes! And I started eating a tiny bit of cheese this week and you've not had any spit-ups or tummy aches (beyond the normal post feeding spittle) and I'm so happy! Just a couple weeks ago, your reflux was so bad, I called the doc prepared to put you on a medicine, but because you didn't show any signs of pain and were a happy baby, they decided that I should just give you small doses of Mylanta. And now, you've outgrown it completely-- par-tay!



This month, you got to meet your other set of great grandparents (Pop's parents) and some cousins too. You were cuddled by your uncles, as well as Annie and Pop, and your cuteness continues to steal the show.  You are so round and chunky- who would of thought of the tiny entrance you made into this world- but you have so many rolls, many many chins, and you're still growing... rounder!  I've loved chunky roll-y babies since I was about 5, so now that I have my own, you're a dream come true! I can't get enough of your cheeks and sticking my nose in your neck. You are wonderful!


You have a wonderful schedule, eating every 3 hours beginning between 6:30 and 7:00am, playing for about 45 minutes, then napping for close to 2 hours until your next feeding.  You are the fastest nurser ever- like 10 minutes, tops, and then you're not ever hungry early.  You also finally love your baths and you don't get cold as easily as you did.  You still love to be swaddled when you sleep, so we call you Paco Taco because you look like a burrito.  You also still sleep in your nap nanny.  You've taken a couple naps in your bed and bassinet, but they're not your good ones. You're in the midst of moving up to size 2 diapers right now, and you're were 0-3 month clothes, and you weigh over 12 lbs, but we don't go back to the doctor until 4 months, so I'm not sure of your exact stats. You smile anytime me or your Daddy talks to you, and you're starting to coo regularly too.  You know it makes me so excited, so you coo anytime I'm looking at you!




Jack, I just love being your mommy.  I love how you're so different from your brother, and how you're a new blessing everyday.  I love how my heart can completely love you and Max, without having to share any love.  You just made a whole new bushel of love inside of me.  And although there is lots to do around the house with all the messes you and your bro make for me, there is always time to cuddle you, because it's one of the greatest things in the world!  I am so grateful to God for you- for how He's taken care of you and protected you even though this month had some scary things- and I can't help but thanking Him every time I look in your direction.  Lastly, I'm going to remind you of this til my heart stops beating:  God created you perfectly, He has a plan for you, and He was willing to sacrifice His son on your behalf- that is a love so big and so perfect that we can't understand it-- but you don't have to understand, you just need to accept it as truth!  And while I love you a crazy ton amount, God loves you way more than that-- and speaking from my heart, that's HUGE! Love you my punkin pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment