Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2 Years Old!

My wonderful Max man, I have had two full years with you- which is quite amazing because it feels like 5 minutes, 6 maybe, if I'm tired. Time is really flying, and you are so fun, but I really need to find that pause button that I've been looking for since you were just a couple months old. Your personality and your smiles are incredible- you light up the room, and my life.  You're my best big boy!



You're growing and learning so much each day- you communicate in full sentences full of adjectives, and you are very descriptive! You can count to 10 all the time and sometimes you can count to 14- if you so choose. You also know some of your colors: blue, black, orange, green and red- but not so much yellow.  And you're not interested in learning about the color pink, which makes me laugh, because you are ALL boy! You also recognize the letters in your name anytime you see them.  You're a smart cookie, that's for sure! You pick up on everything that is going on around you, and you remember everything.  You are very type A, emotional, opinionated and stubborn too.  There are days when I think I'm raising my father... and on the other days I realize I'm raising myself! We are so similar that we may butt heads in the future, but for now, you're still my little sidekick- anytime I can take you with me, I do, because you make everything more fun. And at least 10 times a day, I have to fake a serious, disciplinary tone with you, and then turn my head so you don't see me laughing.



Physically, you are strong, healthy, and handsome. Your blonde hair and blue eyes catches attention wherever we go. Your teeth come in really slow- your incisors that you've been working on for months just now poked through... maybe we'll see you two year old molars in the next 12 months, but I'm not counting on it! At your 2 year check up, you weighed in at 27.5 lbs and you're 33.5 inches tall.  That's right at the 40th percentile-ish for both.  Apparently you've plateaued in your height which correlates with your teething plateau and is completely normal-- who knew?! You're still in size 4 diapers, but you won't ever make it to size 5 because we're going to potty train really soon! You are wearing a size 5 shoe, and mostly 24 months clothes, although some 18 month shorts still fit. We haven't really ventured up to 2T yet- maybe this fall... although toddler clothing just seems wrong! Some days you look so skinny, but other days, you still have some chunk to you- which is a good thing, because it's common knowledge how much I love baby rolls! I look at your hands and feet all the time, I love them- but they're growing and losing their pudge little by little. They are also very busy hands and feet- and I can only imagine what messes they are going to get you into in the years to come- but also all the great wonderful things you'll do with them too.



You are a very special boy, loved so much by your Daddy and me. We love talking to you and talking about you and we still fight over who gets to claim you from your room in the mornings. You're also a great big brother, offering kisses to your baby Jack all the time.  You've never gotten rough with him on purpose or shown any signs of jealousy beyond the first few days when you were learning to share me. You also think that playtime with Gabe is the greatest thing ever- and lucky for you, he thinks so too :) As of right now, I'm happy to report that I'm still your favorite person in the world, although I know my days are numbered and that before I know it, you will need less of my care, and your eyes will be on your Daddy, as you try to be just like him.  For now, I'll just soak up every second, before I hand off the reigns to him- but he's an incredible man (which is why I married him!), so I couldn't be happier that he'll be the one teaching you to be a man.



Each new stage with you is a blast, yet I'm still constantly fretting about how fast it's all going. I don't handle your minor boo-boo's too well, so I can only imagine what it will be like when "BIG" things happen to you. As I've said many times before, I absolutely adore you and I think that being your mom is the best job in the world- the funny thing is that it keeps getting better and my love for you keeps getting bigger- which really just blows my mind, because just when I think it's the best and the most, then it grows again. Kind of like you.



Although you are a very loved, very handsome, very smart little boy- none of those things will matter in the long run. Instead it's all about Jesus. And God gave you the love and the looks and the brain because He has great things planned for you- He wants you to do great things with those gifts for His kingdom. I'm praying for your heart and your future- that you'll let Him lead you and that you'll trust God with your life. And just remember, His love is bigger and better than mine- it's perfect, full of grace and forgiveness and sacrifice on your behalf.


Happy 2nd Birthday, my Max, my firstborn, my blessing.  I love you and I'm so proud of you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment