Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Balayage

So I've mentioned my amazing cousin and hair stylist Lindsey-- and well, she's begun worrying about me... it started with the minivan, but when I admitted to buying this dress from Talbots (my grandmother's favorite store!) it became serious.

Don't judge, it's dressy AND it has pockets!!
She works her darnedest to keep at least my head "cool". As she's watched my cool points plummet over the past few years, she's been a constant source of "we could do this to your hair and it would look wonderful". Between my cuts, dealing with my relentless baby bangs, and my color, she has managed to give me an unbelievable amount of good hair days, considering what she had to work with.

Well she began telling me about balayage a few months ago... apparently it's a french word meaning "to sweep" and "Balayage is a hair coloring technique which is designed to create very natural-looking highlights which grow out without developing a noticeable and obvious root. Many stars and models use balayage on their hair, and in response to popular demand, many salons offer balayage, especially in urban areas. Some pride themselves on their balayage technique, considering themselves artisans of the craft and offering training to people who are interested in learning balayage."

And so we decided that it'd be my fall do-- it'd help with cool points, it'd be good fall coloring, and it would help me manage my roots... it'd consist of dying my whole head dark and then lightening the tips... completely opposite of what I've been doing, ha!



(I'll work on my photography skills later... I can't do it all, people :)!!)

Well, I'm happy to report, that minivan driver and all, I'm now as cool as most of hollywood with my new do! Thanks Lindsey for keeping me "in the know"... or at least helping me to appear as such :)

No comments:

Post a Comment