Sunday, February 19, 2012

Max: 2.5 years old!

Did you notice how well I behaved? I didn't post month-by-month check ins on Max after he turned two and a promised not to. So what if I managed to post funny things he did and said relentlessly anyway-- those weren't month days so they don't count....


Ok, fine, I'm obsessed with this child. And his chubbabubba of a brother. And his big brother for that matter. They're funny and precious and wonderful. And I biased--- very very biased. But let's just say it nicely: I'm their biggest fan and I'm just making sure they know how much I love them.... :)


So where was I? Oh yes, Max is two and half years old. Of course, I didn't claim this as his age until the actual day (at least I'm not counting by hours!)- like even the day before when someone asked how old he was I said "He's almost two and a half" because heaven forbid this child actually grow up before I'm ready! These past 6 months with this little man have been so fun and we're finish this half of the year on a high point- really I think Max is in the most fun stage yet. Seriously. His personality, his brain, his thoughts and words, how he strings things together and figures things out, how fun he is to talk with and play with and listen to-- oh my oh my, this whole mothering gig is WAY  better than I even expected and I had high expectations.


He's gotten rid of his paci, mastered sleeping in his own bed, rocked the potty training thing (although he still wears pull ups, aka nighttime underwear, at night because I just can't do the middle of the night sheet change right now... we just started sleeping through the night!) and a myriad of other milestones. I even branched out and allow him to drink lemonade-- milk, h2o, and lemonade are his only options... still not ready to introduce him to juice, sweet tea, capri suns, and all the other forms of liquid sugar. The best part about adding lemonade is what he calls it- eminade- and he asks for it by that name regularly- it's the cutest!


Right now, me and Max are tight- he doesn't let me out of his sight and wants to go everywhere I go- even if it's mundane and way more fun to stay home with Dad. He chats my ears off in the car, follows me around in the house, although he is great about playing on his own, but just generally wants to keep me in eye sight. He's still our little athlete, great at everything he tries and still loves golf. This wonderful spring weather that we've been experiencing for most of February got him right back in the yard with his clubs, and he only wants to come in for food or to go somewhere with me. He loves playing baseball with Pop, he's getting good. He loves playing tennis with Eli, he can hit it without bouncing it first and he's so proud, and he begs Chad to go in the backyard with his driver all the time. Lucky for Max, all those men adore him and are more than happy to oblige! But I must just say it here or else we won't believe it, but right now when asked whose boy he is, Max will say "Annie's!" This has been and Annie and Pop's thing with him since he was tiny and now he's into playing games with them... it's anyone's guess who he is going to joke with for the day. What a little ham!



Some of my favorite "normal" phrases are "catching fweetos" when he sees dust in the air, asking me "Where we at to?" when we pull up in front of a store he hasn't been to before, "member when" when he talks about anything or anyone that he has met or done in the past- he doesn't forget a thing! For instance, anytime we drive by a Chuck E. Cheese, he says "member when Sam took me to Chuck E. Cheese?"He also remembers and talks about all our family in Texas that he's only seen a couple times. What a brain! And since he bed hops between our bed and Eli's bed for naps and then mostly sleeps in his big boy bed at night, anytime we're walking up the stairs for bed he asks "Where I'm sleeping at?" and if the answer isn't "With Mommy!" which is 99% of the time, then he follows up with "But I need you, I want to sleep with you". And when he does get to sleep, he sleeps right against my whole person. Like nose to nose or back to back is completely ok with him... and for this non-cuddler, that's big.


Speaking of cuddling, he still doesn't, but he does like to give hugs and kisses now and he's really good at it-- oh be still my heart! And when I lay with him at nap time, he wants to hold my hand while he falls asleep. Oh how I love that part of the day! Max still loves Mickey Mouse more than any other show- it's the only one he actually sits for. And him and Eli have movie nights occasionally consisting of a Disney movie and a snack or two. They rarely make it through a move, but he really enjoys all quality time with Uncle Eli. He insists that Eli is his best friend, even though I'm trying to teach him that Jesus is his best friend and He is an AWESOME friend. Max isn't convinced....... yet.



Max loves Cake and donuts and milkshakes and ice cream and M&M's-- any of those can be used for a bribe at any point. And he's always up for stopping in for one of those- he knows just which stores contain which and recognizes their logos anytime we drive by. Max is beginning to recognize letters other than M-A-X and will bust into song all the time. I love how he knows the words to so  many songs but still wants me to sing "Jesus Loves Me" every night. He also loves his bible stories now- even though it  might just be to avoid bedtime a little longer- but he's starting to understand bits and pieces of the stories and can answer questions afterwards. I hope to start working on memory verses soon, but honestly, it just keeps slipping my mind. The thing is, his memory is so amazing right now and he's soaking in so much, that if I would just put forth a little effort, so many things would be hidden in his heart forever. Max also loves jumping, doing jumping goofs (jumping Jack's, thanks Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), hopping on one foot and falling down. He has also perfected being a little brother-- he can make Gabe screech in about 30 seconds. And he takes his roll as a big brother very seriously too. He's so good to Jack and just such a fun kid.



Stats:
Weight: 31 lbs-- 50th percentile
Height: 35.7 inches-- just barely shy of 3ft!-- a tiny bit about average- about the 53rd percentile

Shoes:
Size 7 or 8
Clothes 2T -3T

Favorite Friends Right Now:
Lizzy
Reed
Haven
Hudson
Jack
Gabe
UNCLE ELI!



Oh my Max, my first born, there are not words for my love for you. I can't describe how fun you are, how sweet you are to my heart, and how wonderful it is to see life through your eyes. You're so handsome and adorable, you're so funny and smart and athletic-- I think you're about as "all around" as you can get for a two year old... but as we established earlier, I am admittedly biased. But no matter what, no matter how many wonderful, amazing things you have going for you, it's important to always acknowledge who made you that way-- and give Him the credit. ALSO, if you don't have Jesus in your heart, none of that matters! He made you Max, He loves you, and He wants to be your friend forever.

Happy 2.5 years my sweet boy-- I love you more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment