Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear Baby, You are loved

Oh the little baby in my tummy, I'm not sure that you're feeling the love... I forget about you sometimes because I'm kind of busy with your big brother and you are so wonderful that you don't make me sick, you don't make me hurt, you don't give me heartburn, and you don't make me whine to your father.  So it's almost like I take you for granted. And even though I don't read the pregnancy week by week this time around, and I don't text your Dad about your size compared to fruits, we still can't wait for your arrival.  This pregnancy is FLYING by-- I can't believe you're almost half way done in there... before I know it, you're going to be in our house and in our arms and in our pictures, and that will be just wonderful!

Pretty soon, we'll know if you're a boy or a girl and you'll have a name, and it will start the process.... we'll make sure you have plenty of clothes and the cutest room and lots of love.  That just makes it so real.  Sometimes the idea of having another baby stresses me out, but don't worry, it's not you, it's me.  You see, I'm a CONTROL FREAK and the thought of 2 kids under two makes my blood pressure spike, but it's gonna be great for all of us because it means that I'll need more of Jesus, which makes room for less of me, and that's just a win/win all around!

I can't wait to see your face and your frog legs.  I can't wait to hold you and snuggle you and carry you around.  Every time I see tiny babies in public, I get so excited.  And I watch the baby story on TLC or anything else having to do with pregnancy and just weep, because after having your brother, I know what a blessing you are, and how absolutely amazing it is to get to have you too.

Thank you thank you thank you for being so low maintenance- you make being pregnant GREAT... and last night, as your Dad and I were falling asleep, he said the same thing.  We can't thank you enough for being easy on ole mom.

We're eagerly awaiting your arrival, bitty baby, and we love you, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment