Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Max is 17 months old!

Here we go again... I find myself at another "19th" of a month, absolutely shocked by how quick this is all happening. I swear I just brought you home, my little baby, and now you're talking and making sentences and learning and asserting your will.  It's crazy!  You're still Mr. Wonderful and I love you more and I love being your mom more than I ever imagined possible.  And to be honest, you're more crazy about me now than you were before, and you were crazy about me before-- this is super fun and super hard at the same time.  I try to tell you that sometimes I just have to unload the dishwasher and it has nothing to do with my love for you, but you just stand their, pulling on my legs, and wailing.  And now that you say Mommm-mmmy Mommm-mmmy Mommm-mmmy, I can't be expected to do anything but stop what I'm doing and pick you up.  It's the only thing to do in such a heart-melting situation.



Today, when I got home from work and took you to my room so I could change out of my work clothes, you looked around and said "Maggie bye bye?"  And I said yes, Maggie went bye bye.  You smiled and went back to what you were doing- it's like you knew that we just had a conversation and you were proud of us.

You still eat well and I have to sneak veggies into your stuff all the time- but don't tell you.  And like Dr. Josephson warned,  your appetite has decreased.  But at this point, you know what you like and always manage to have room for fruit, especially berries, and any sweets.  You have a radar for that kind of thing.

You are a big boy and if you knew those words, you'd tell us all that you want to be treated like one.  You want to eat what we're eating, sit where we're sitting, hold what we're holding, and do what we're doing.  It's fun, most of the time, and sometimes extremely dangerous and hard for your mother.

[caption id="attachment_1290" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Bed Head Bubba!"][/caption]

I recently had to add a pass code to my phone, because you know how to slide your finger across the screen, unlock it, and answer calls, make calls, send emails, and this could be a social disaster for me.  Everyone know that there are a few numbers in ones phone just as a reminder of who not to call, and to make sure that if they ever call you, you have their name and know to avoid them-- but Max, I'm pretty sure you're going to call one of them any day and I'm going tie D-I-E, die!! The other day, while me, Daddy and Gabe were playing a game at the table, you answered my phone twice, thank goodness it was only Annie, and had two 90 second conversations with her before hanging up on her.  It was only once you went to bed, that I heard my phone ringing and she told me what had happened-- oh my goodness my child, how do you know all of this?

You still sleep around 11 hours at night and between 3 and 4 hours during the day.  Have I mentioned that you are a joy??  You make us laugh (and pull our hair out) and I just can't believe how fast you've turned into a little person instead of a baby.  I am so excited about what is ahead, but I really wish I could slow it down and enjoy it all for more.

[caption id="attachment_1288" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Flirting!"][/caption]

You still wear size 4 diapers, and 18 month clothes.  Your shoes are the same too.  You might be getting a little thinner, but don't you worry, your cheeks are still chubby and fluffy and wonderful and oh my goodness, I could eat them up.

You've had to have yet another haircut- it grows like a darn weed.  It was a mullet and it wasn't good.  And now that Lindsey is a big deal and works in a salon, we had to find you your own haircut place.  It was pretty cute.



My Max, I'm so proud of you and intrigued by your little mind.  I love reading books and singing songs and hanging out with you.  You are so fun!  Your Dad and I still fight over who gets to get you out of bed in the morning when we're both home, and you and Gabe play together so well.  He'll entertain you anytime I need a second and I'm pretty sure he likes your bath time just as much as you do, although I do have to mop down the whole bathroom after you two are done... You let Gabe carry you like you're a rag doll and you think it's awesome.  You also think that Gabe is the funniest person ever!  You get so excited when you hear the garage at the end of the day and you stand waiting for your Daddy.  He steals kisses from you and plays ball with you until bedtime.  Anytime I leave you two alone, all you do it play and eat.  It's a man thing :)  I thank God for you every night and I'm still amazed at how He continues to bless our family.  I just pray that you see Him and get Him and accept Him soon-- I can't wait until your heart is ready to hear all about that and I hope in the meantime that God will continue to use me and Daddy to show you all about God's perfect love.  We're not perfect, but we sure do love you, even when you keep us up all night!  You're our best bubba, thanks for spending your first 17 months with us... I'll take 9456034576849 more please!

[caption id="attachment_1287" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Butball!!"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment