Monday, August 23, 2010

Max is ONE!

On Thursday, Max turned one.  It was a day I've been dreading- lame, huh?  I was teary a lot that day, thinking about the past year and how much he's changed and grown.  Every single second was wonderful (even the ones I wished away at the time) and I just wish I had more time to appreciate it all.  The problem is that I'm not ready to be 1/18th of the way done with him.



On Thursday, I needed some Max and Mommy time.  So I decided to treat Max like I'd like to be treated on my birthday- donuts for breakfast!  And after being asked what would be his birthday tradition, I decided that a mommy-son Birthday breakfast date is our birthday thing.  And if we ever have a girl, then she can have a Daddy birthday breakfast date on her birthday.  And Lord-willing, Max will want to have these birthday dates for a looonnnngggggg time- like even when he's in college.  Maybe if I offer cash....



Max, you are growing up too fast.  You're smart and wonderful and funny and the best dancer I've ever seen!  You love eating- it's your favorite 4-6 times of the day.  Your most favorite thing is fruit- you haven't found one you don't love. You love baths too.  You're still just fine with crawling, and you cruise around the furniture, and occasionally stand for a couple seconds, but you're completely uninterested in walking- which makes me VERY happy!  You have great hand/ eye coordination and you hate getting your diaper changed all of a sudden- I think it's because you're too busy for that.  You've moved up to 12-18 month clothes, and size 4 diapers.  You still only have 6 teeth, but number 7 and number 8 are on their way.  You look all grown up with your hair cut, and you act it too.  You still take 2 naps a day, each at least 2 hours, and you're very easy.  Ok, let me say that you're a little more high maintenance with me, but it's because you know I'm crazy about you.  If you miss a nap, you're still great, and you got many many people wrapped around that chubby little finger of yours.  You love your brother and your daddy, you think everything they do is funny and you're already wrestling and getting footballs thrown at you.  Your favorite toys are anything that sings songs and balls-- you love playing catch and you wind up to throw.  It's adorable.  Sometimes, you even grunt.  Daddy is teaching you to kick the soccer ball as well.



You're the best baby in the whole world.  I love you- but honestly, that doesn't even begin to explain what you do to my heart.  And I know your daddy feels the same way because I see the way he looks at you.  He is also spending a lot of time reading his bible and other books about being a dad, because he wants to be the best one in the whole world for you and Gabe.  I'm really looking forward to the rest of your life, and being your mom is the best gig around. You are worth every second of labor it took to get you here, and all the extra pounds I carry because of you.  You are worth the bags under my eyes, and the baby gates that adorn my walls.  You're worth a mini-van, and if I had to pick between you and every cool point in the world, I would choose you every time.  Thank you for being my sweet Max.  I know I'm not perfect, but I am being refined by our perfect Heavenly Father, and ultimately, trusting Him with your life and your heart.  He loves you enough to die for you, He created you and wants to be The Lord over your life.  I hope you let Him- soon!  I'm praying for you and loving you until I take my last breath.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment