Monday, July 26, 2010

Please Help!

Ok, you mothers have wisdom and I need some!  Max, now a little over 11 months old, has been waking up in the middle of the night for over a week-- why??  At first, I thought it was a growth spurt and I would fix him a bottle, he would gulp it down and go right back to sleep.  This is how he was as a new born too-- when he woke up in the middle of the night, he only wanted to eat.  He never tried to play or wanted to be cuddle.  I was only there to meet his hunger needs, then I was sent back to my bed :)  Thank you, Max!

But now, for the last week, he's been waking up between 3-6 am-- for about an hour-- and he cries HARD until I come get him.  It's like this really high pitched squeal that is awful.  When I go in there, he'll relax on me for a bit, but then sits up like he wants to talk or play.  I don't let him- I leave the lights off, and just sit, not talking.  If I lay him back down before he's ready, he screams and scream and screams.  But if I go sit with him for about 20-30 minutes (silently, in the dark) then he'll go back to sleep.

WHY????



We have been on vacation recently, his schedule was/is all messed up.  He also is being switched to milk right now.  He is crawling and pulling up and cruising around furniture a lot. He may be getting teeth?! He has 6 right now and there are a few buds on his gums, but nothing looks "close". And his cry is almost like he's in pain- but only in the middle of the night- not at nap time, so I don't think it's ears-- but I don't know.  He has missed at least a nap, if not both, the past few days too, but again, this problem has been going on for over a week.

Any thoughts/ experiences/ feedback you have is awesome and I WANT to hear it.  I'd love to know why this is happening and if there is anything I can be doing on my end to meets his needs.  Because of waking up, he's sleepier during the day for sure, and just not himself.

By the way, I do still give him a bottle about 30 minutes before bed- and he doesn't usually finish it all.  So this is another reason I'm thinking it's something besides hunger and/ or a growth spurt.

I prefer to think that all of this is just because he misses me-- but if I need to be more open-minded than that, I will :)



Please leave comments below or email me at lbowman24@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment