Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Slacking

I've been such a slacker lately-- blame it on the weather, or our house guests, or daylight savings time, or maybe the really good book I'm reading, but basically, I work, and take care of the boys, keep them fed and their clothes clean, have some quality play time, and then veg.  It's a good life!

We're in the midst of a lot of changes right now in the Bowman house- some of them relational, some of the circumstantial, but anytime my worlds get shakin up a bit, God gets bigger.  I like that about him.  But I guess God is the one who is unchanging, while me on the other hand.... not so much!  I guess what I'm saying it that I just LOVE how God shows up just when you need-- just when you let him.  I've been in a dry season for a while, and I'm just so thankful to be tuned into His works and greatness again.  Like I said before, it's a good life!

Chad and I seem to connect more too.  It's like we remember we're teammates- we have great conversations, we work to stay on the same page, and we serve each other.  Our small group is reading Love and War, by John and Stasi Eldrege.  It's about marriage, and we all really like it.  But the crazy thing is that Chad is really into it-- and this has never happened before in our marriage.  He prefers things he can listen to on his iphone, not something that has to be read.  But for some reason, this book is really speaking to him.  His favorite thing, thus far, is a picture they paint about spouses be like soldiers who sleep back to back to protect each other-- Chad really likes the image of us being in the trenches together.  Anyway, that was a really long explanation to land back at my original point:  it's a good life!

We've had several big events happen as well, with picutes that have yet to make the blog, and I'm making it my goal to have them up by the end of the week, but in the mean time, I leave you with a few from pumpkin carving... I realize this is about 2 weeks late, but with Gabe our official designer, and Max as the guts getter, I decided that it's better late than never.







No comments:

Post a Comment