Friday, May 21, 2010

Two Shakes of a Lambs Tail

And with two shakes of a lamb's tail, my Max is 9 months old!  (He actually arrived at this status on Wednesday, but his 9 month check up wasn't until today, so I had to save this so I could include his stats!)

A couple BIG things have happened this week-- one of them fun, the other, scary!!

Let's start with the scary:  On Wednesday, Max's 9 month day, I walked into his room after nap to find him on his knees, peeking through the bumper at me.  It was precious.  So I left to get my camera and came back to find this:



Problem? Um, yes! but doesn't he look proud of himself?

And now, the fun:  Yesterday Max went to the pool for the first time in his entire life.  And he LOVED it.  He played and played and played.  And by played, I mean splashed.  Which was kind of unfortunate for me because the water was cold and I'm afraid of cold water... ok not really afraid, but strongly dislike it, and so while standing there with him so that he wouldn't drown, he splashed me.  And thought it was really funny.







And in typical 9 months old form, he threw a fit afterwards when it was all over!  Oh the joys of raising children :)





Some new excited things for Max this month:  when he waves, he says "buh buh" (aka bye bye).  He discovered his favorite food:  watermelon.  He now hugs, which looks to us like a head butt- leaning straight forward, no arms used.  He does hold his own bottle- finally, and although he prefers me, if I'm in the room/ home, he doesn't cry when I leave or drop him off somewhere.  I'm not sure how long that will last, but it's nice for now.  He wear 12 month clothes, still has skinny feet, has gained extra cheeks and rolls this month, and is pretty great at crawling backwards- yes backwards- or log rolling to where he wants to be.  He got his second tooth on Mother's Day :)  Both are on the bottom.  He is still in size 3 diapers.

Max weighs 20 lbs 10 ounces (50th  percentile), he is 28.5 inches long (59th percentile) and his head, well, it's big: 18.5 inches (90th percentile).  According to our doc, it's normal for his height/ length to kind of stall right now-- he said that Max wants to let the other kids catch up :)  And when the doc left the room, Max waved and said "buh buh" and it stopped him in his tracks- he was very impressed and even said that this was advanced for Max's age.  Music to his mom's ears!  But let's be honest, considering his parents, it was a given that he would be quite the wordsmith.  Poor kid.

Max is still wonderful and it still all way too fast.  We're looking forward to summer, and enjoying the awesome weather.  I thank God for this opportunity to be Max's mom- the best job in the world, and I'm so glad I get to do it with Chad.

No comments:

Post a Comment