Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baby Jack's Dedication

On Sunday, our new church (over a year old at this point... so maybe more of a toddler than new....) had it's first baby dedication and we got to be a part of it. It is so special and emotional for me as the mama of this precious boy and his Daddy got a little teary too. You know, when God hands you little people and entrusts them to you, it's just so much of a bigger deal than you can ever imagine. It is a constant battle of the flesh vs. Christ in us, trying to love, guide, direct, and train up all three of our boys. More than anything, we want them to know Christ and the power of his love- how they are a part of God's plan, and how accepting Jesus as their Savior and receiving God's gift of eternal life is more important than anything on this earth. My throat gets tight just typing this. We take this job very seriously and we proud to stand in front of our church and commit to raising Jack for the LORD. We are honored and humbled that the congregation stood with us, promising to help.



Here is what Chad read out loud to Jack:

Baby J, We promise to raise you in a way that encourages your love for Christ and a personal relationship with Him, first and foremost. We pray that you discover the gifts God has given you, and that you use them for His glory. We hope to instill Godly character and integrity in you, through our personal relationships with Him, and we commit to love and pray for you unconditionally. 
Here is the verse that we pray for you:  
Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead. Psalm 86:11-13 

And here are some cute pictures-- most of them are in action and capture us in all of our glory. But let's be honest- it just doesn't get much cuter than my 4 guys.






Jack was so funny- trying to dive bomb out of my arms, lurching for his brother's hair, and even banchee screaming for the whole congregation to enjoy. Max was acting like a two year old, jumping around, poking Gabe, and even pulling on my clothes, while Gabe stood their trying to listen to what Chad had to say. I couldn't help but giggle, with tears in my eyes, at that sweet moment. I just loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment