Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rainy Days

I woke up this morning at 6am to a humungous thunderstorm. I'm talking house shaking, light filling the very dark house, over and over and over. I just waited for it to wake the babes in my life from their slumber. As I laid there, I contemplated what kind of things a rainy day should be made up of...

In my kid-less days, it meant more sleep-- like way more than I needed, hot teas, books on the couch, and the occasional lifetime movie. When I surveyed my options, I realized that none of those would be conducive to the 2 year old in my life. Or that 7 month old for that matter! So what to do?

The obvious choice was to stay in our jammies all day and I could hope and pray for really long naps. But let's be honest, there isn't much adventure to all that. But what's a mom to do?

Wait for their genius child, full of genius ideas, that's what!

Shortly after lunch, in the midst of a magnificent, roof collapsing downpour, Max came up with this:

He needs yegs out (aka his pants off) and his flip-flops on....



He was a man with a plan.....


A kid on a mission.....




And quite adorable at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment