Saturday, January 21, 2012

My lil 8 month old

Mr. Jack has done it again-- he's grown and grown and reached a new level... the 8 month old level! It's crazy to think this little man has already been in our lives that long. I'm even starting to think about his first birthday party already- craziER!


It probably goes without saying, but this little guy is quite a joy. He's so laid back and he loves to be held and cuddled, and as long as I'm not super crazy busy, this is just the best combo ever. We've finally gotten into a groove with sleep-- we've dropped naps/ changed naps/ added food/ figured out the bottles, and we've now got it to a fine science....




7:30 a.m. Wake up! Eat 7-8oz bottle

8:00 a.m. Breakfast
(2 spoonfuls of baby oatmeal and applesauce)

9:30 a.m. Nap (2 hours)

11:30 a.m. Eat 6-7oz bottle

12:00 p.m. Lunch
(4 cubes of green veggies w/ fruit mixed in)

2:00 p.m. Nap (2 hours)

4:00 p.m. Eat 6-7 oz bottle

4:30 p.m. Dinner
(4 cubes of orange veggies w/ fruit mixed in)

7:00 p.m. Bath and pj’s

7:30 p.m. Eat 7-8 oz bottle in his dark room with sound machine on, then bed!

So him and Max still nap during the same time block in the afternoons (PTL!) and he'll take his first nap on the go if we're out and about. He is mostly sleeping through the night... although I still have to get up at least once and give him his paci.... so I still haven't sleep through the night since I was pregnant with him, BUT right at this very moment, I'm not complaining. Jack is completely swaddle-free at this point-- he wears a sleep sack for warmth (because I'm scared to death of SIDS) and he usually rolls to his side and cuddles his buggle that Jill got him. 


Jack sits up on his own and will play for a bit. He's even starting to feed himself puffs-- which gives me a few minutes during the dinner hour to cook without an armful. He'll play in his jumparoo and he still loves to swing-- it will calm him down when he gets all fussy before bedtime. His hair is coming in more and more everyday-- it's really light like the rest of our clan, and unfortunately, there are NO curls. Oh well... we'll have to try again with the next Bowman. He is growing like a weed- I can't wait to hear his stats at his 9  month appointment-- really the kid is just so "substantial" as my mom says-- he's rolly and chubby and even getting long on me-- crazy! He can still wear 9 month clothes, but the 12 are best-- and not ANY too big. This is the first time since his birth that his size/ seasons aren't lined up with Max, so he is now getting his own clothes... no hand-me-downs! They'll even back out again once he gets to the toddler sizing, but for now, he's his own man :)


Honestly, I just can't get enough of this baby. And when I get tired and worn out, he just gives me that smile that cuts straight to my heart and we're all good again. Jack- you're precious and loved. You're beautiful and perfectly made.You've got me (and your Daddy!) wrapped around your little pudgy fingers and we're pretty speechless when it comes to our love for you. Thank you for being so sweet and happy, thank you of being such a wonderful part of our family, and thanks being so easy-- now I understand how NOT easy Max was/ is!! Isn't that what little brothers are for? I thank God ALWAYS for giving you to me-- what an amazing gift I received on May 21st, 2011. I praise Him for you Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment