Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Say What?! Melt My Heart Edition

Since Max was about a year old, I've been trying to teach him "I love you".  Of course it involves hand motions as well... I (point to your eye) love (cross arms over chest) you (point to Max).  I do this all the time and it makes him giggle.  But just like his manners, it's like his tongue is unable to form such words.  Of course, he can say helicopter and ambulance and dinosaur, among other things, but "please, thank you, and I love you" escape him.  And Max is not a child the performs on command-- if you ask him to say something, it's a sure fire way to make sure he won't say it.  (Maybe I should remember this for when he learns his first bad word.....)

Anyway, last night, I got home around 9pm from getting my hair cut and Max was getting his pjs on (with Daddy's help of course).  So I went in his room and finished up the job, and we laid down to read a book.  His current favorite book for bedtime is "Kiss Goodnight" which my mom got him.  There is a little bear named Sam that doesn't go to bed until his Mom kisses him 10 times.  And of course, when Sam gets a kiss in the book, Max gets one too!  Well after reading, I gave Max a hug, and he squeezed me and groaned to demonstrate how big the hug was.... then he said "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII loooooooooove YOU!"- with hand motions and pointed to me.

And I cried.

Seriously.

BEST WORDS EVER!

1 comment:

  1. To facilitate was a impressive place of duty. It is inspiring on behalf of all. Credit on behalf of sharing to facilitate slice.
    My website is about Depression definition.

    ReplyDelete