I have several good stories that I need to share and some funny Bowman boy moments, but I need to post this first, if I hope to remember it....
A couple months ago, I read an article that the whole "pregnancy brain" theory was a myth. But being the very official doctor and research specialist that I am (not) I have many reasons to believe that the article is seriously messed up-- way off base-- deranged even!
Pregnancy brain is defined by What to Expect as a: Pregnancy-induced brain fog, a true (and truly frustrating) hallmark of pregnancy. You may forget appointments, what you just walked into the store for, where you left your purse, whether you turned off the stove — and maybe, your phone number.
You know, absent-mindedness, irresponsible, forgetful, air heady, unreliable, scattered....
AND these are all words that those closest to me would NOT use to describe me. In fact, they are the opposite of me. I'm not tooting my own horn here, I'm stating facts-- I'm type A EXTREME, organize and remember everything including what you were wearing when I saw you 2 year and 3 months ago, slightly OCD when it comes to details, and in the words of my husband, "she remembers everything, you should try arguing with her". You want me planning your event or taking care of your home or your children....
Except when I'm pregnant.
Now all of a sudden (especially this pregnancy) I am a NUT-CASE. 100% certified preggo brain! Let me list a few of the nutty things I've done within the past month:
1) Moved wet laundry from the washer to the dryer, WITHOUT starting the dryer, multiple times-- then pace around after about an hour wondering why the dryer isn't dinging that it's ready for folding. Mainly because it was never started, hello! (Chad has also discovered mounds of wet clothes in the dryer several times as well.)
2) When I went to my glucose test and OB appointment, I looked in my calendar on the way down to make sure my appointment was at 10:10-- and it was--- THE NEXT DAY! But even though it was Wednesday and I was looking on my Thursday calendar, I showed up at the doc-- that's right-- I showed on the wrong day BUT I had the correct day written on my calendar. They laughed at me, profusely, and then squeezed me in.
3) Last week, our sitter had to drive up to my work so I could sign the check I had written her-- luckily, when she got to the bank, she looked over the check before depositing it-- so it was only minimally embarrassing. Her text to me said something like "preggo brain, you forgot to sign my check"
4) We ran out of wipes and diapers in the diaper bag for the first time since Max was born-- I always re-stock his bag when there are like 6 left, just in case- you never know when you'll get stuck in the car for days, with no stores and no visits home..... but this weekend, with ketchup all over him and his girlfriend Lizzy, I had NO wipes or diapers for changing... none in the car, no napkins, nothing-- major mom fail!
5) My friend Danielle has asked for a picture CD from my computer no less than 30 times- she has called, emailed, and texted, all moments before I walk out the door to see her and I have YET to remember it-- I have burned the CD 3 times and put it in 3 different bags that I'd be sure to remember-- and yet, the poor woman still hasn't seen the pictures- and quite frankly, she's going to be disappointed- the pictures aren't even that good!
6) Last week, Max and I pulled up to a store, and I got him out of the car and walked IN only to realize I didn't have my keys with me-- I ran out to the car panicked that I had locked them in his seat or something-- I set them down a lot when I'm trying to get him out of his seat-- only to find them IN the ignition, with the car RUNNING, in the parking lot.
7) I text our sitters the night before with what time we need them in the morning-- Chad's schedule changes all the time so they don't really have a set schedule. Anyway, our other sitter (not the one with the check) got back in the country from a mission trip and I wrote her this great text about her trip and welcome home and could she be at our house at 8, etc... only I never actually texted her- I just did IN MY HEAD and she had to wake up at 6am and text me to find out the plan for the day.
8) Chad loves Quesadillas- like ones we make at home with fajita meet and beans, etc... so I planned it for dinner, looked through out pantry, made a list of ingredients that we needed, went to the store, came home and started cooking only to have to call Chad to stop on his way home and get cheese-- but really, it's not like it's a main ingredient or anything-- certainly you understand how I forgot it.......
9) When I started writing this blog post, I had 10 amazing things I had done recently, but now I only remember 8
10) My cousin Natalie is having a baby today, yay!