Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jack- 28 weeks aka THIRD TRIMESTER!!

I am 28 weeks pregnant, and in my 3rd tri-mester and I have yet to document this journey at all-- so without further ado, a picture taken by the famous photographer Gabe Bowman:



And here I am with Max at 28 weeks.



Now let's discuss this dress.  This dress was something I wore feverishly throughout my last pregnancy- granted I wasn't due til the end of August in Atlanta and the thing was cooler than the other clothes I owned, BUT really friends?  I thought I could count on you-- this thing is hideous.  Several/ many months after Max was born, I stumbled across a home video Chad had taken just days before Max showed his sweet face, and I was wearing this dress. When I came around the corner to see Chad filming, I got mad, told him to turn it off, then when he told me he was trying to capture this to show the kids, I turned my butt towards him and stuck it out-- in that flaming red dress.  And it was at the moment that I doubted my friendships-- I mean who would allow such a thing?  Large large things in red is bad-- very very bad.  And to think that I waddled around in that thing uninhibited just boggles my mind.  SO it has not been worn ANYWHERE or any day during this pregnancy- I just put it on for this pictures so that I could do a good comparison.

You see, with Max, I was clueless.  And learned afterwards that I was huge.  This time, I feel great and move great, but in my head I'm huge.  So I needed the side by side to make the final call.  Unfortunately, the new picture is just as disturbing at the first one should've been.  Oh well.

Lastly, many of my pregnant friends are capturing the week by week journey of pregnancy much better than I am, but I'll copy their method for this one week (about 27 weeks late!) and I can't guarantee that I'll remember to do it again!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 28 Weeks 

Size of baby: Jack is the size of a Chinese cabbage. He weighs two and a quarter pounds and is almost 15 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have no idea- a lot.  But I don't even know where I started, because I had abandoned the scale as my Max weight wasn't leaving as I had planned.


Maternity Clothes: All I wear now. Unless you count sweat pants- which is what I put on as soon as I get home from work, and those do not have to be maternity, thank goodness, because I hate maternity pants- I hate the band that comes up over your tummy, and now Jack is low enough, the he pushes my pants down if I get the low-rise under belly kind.  Lose/ Lose 

Gender: It's a BOY! Jack Henry Bowman

Movement: He moves a lot now and usually at times when I can appreciate it.  The down side is when he gets all dance-y while I'm driving-- that makes me fear wetting myself!. He has a pretty regular sleep/wake schedule and and I'm hoping hoping that his head is down at this point, but I don't think it is- yikes.

Sleep: Sleep is good- I do like to wake around 3am and hang out with myself in the dark most nights, but it's short lived.  And as long as I go to the bathroom around midnight, I'm good until the morning, yay.  BUT 3 of the last 4 nights have consisted of huge, multiple hour long thunder storms, meaning Max and I are spending some extra quality time together- yehaw.

What I miss: Honestly, not much at this point (I'm telling you the pregnancy is easy) but I'd like to be able to keep my breath, even if I run up that stairs, ha!  I also miss margaritas with my Porton Posse.  And I miss being able to eat whatever without contemplating if it will lead to heartburn.  But again, all those things are no big deal, so I'm doing A-ok!


Cravings: food- ha!  I'm on a cereal kick- something I don't normally eat and I craved cake yesterday so I baked one, then once it was cut didn't want any?! 

Symptoms: Sore hips/pelvis at the very end of the day-- I feel like my bones are pulling a part and running to the bathroom every 30 seconds during the day- but I can still get down on the floor with Max and back up easily.  BUT no swollen feet or carpel tunnel or any of those other shananigans from my Max pregnancy.

Best Moment this week: Jack's been getting hiccups this week and at this stage of the game, they're still precious :)  I'll let you know when that changes.... but for now, I love it :)  I feel like me and him are sharing a secret.

And to conclude, a cute picture of the photographer and his side kick:



No comments:

Post a Comment