Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tour of The Rooms

My list of things to blog is pretty long-- hopefully I'll do doing one of my infamous blog pile ups over the next couple days-- babies are hitting milestones, big kids are starting school, we're all winding down our summer, God is working my heart over in a new way-- but tonight, we're just going to have to let a room tour suffice. Now really, 99.76% of you won't care one bit about this post, but since I do print my blog posts into a book to serve as lovely memories for me some day down the road when blogs and little blonde boys are a thing of my past, I need to post this.

We moved into this house in February when I was big as a house and eagerly awaiting lil Sam's birth while simultaneously doing my best to keep him in as long as necessary. So things basically just got put where they were supposed to get if they were necessary for living everyday life. Life a bed, per say, and clothes. Pictures and decor were a thing of the future... like if/when mama got her head back on straight. Give or take a year or 20. Well somehow, this baby came out a sleeper. And. Gasp. He stayed that way. We are 3 months in and we've barely had a bad night- and only one was him. Which leads to my point.... I've finally gotten all of the boys rooms mostly together and the way I want them- give or take a detail or two.

Now, you should know that all of my boys and Chad were totally losing sleep until I got everything just so. Or not. Whatever.

But I am now resting quite well, because.... Ta da....

Baby Sam's Nursery:

This is what you see when you walk in....


And this is you look right...

This is the twin bed in his room with the banner left over from his baby party... my friend Danielle made it for his munch n' meet and I just love it, so it's a part of his decor now :) And I have a twin bed in their for the nights when it's a waste of time to go back to your own bed. Which hasn't happened yet except for one night when he had a stuffy nose.


Here is Sam's changing table, some pictures and a glimpse of his glider. I feed him about 50% of the time in this chair that was given to us by our wonderful friends the Canups.


And here are his curtains, made by my mama of course! I love them. And she always puts black out stuff on the shades so their rooms are D-A-R-K for naps! That's a blessing in itself.


Here is an "up close" of the pictures on the wall above the twin bed. These were also made by my mama. And no, she's not for sale. We're keeping her.


And his crib. I love how plain it is. It seems so soft and dreamy. That wild things picture is left over from Max's nursery but somehow we ended up with the same color scheme again, so I get a second use out of it- love when that happens! His shelves have a few baby books, a couple bins of baby toys, and lots of how-to mommy books... and of course his sound machine, my clock because I always have to know what time it is and how long he eats, even though he can eat as long as he likes, and my #1 favorite mom thing- his video camera.


Up close of the pictures over his changing table: a picture frame gift, a little cork board, and a picture I painted at one of those painting classes, made to go with his theme-- it says "This is the day that the Lord has made"


Remaining detail that needs done: recovering the glider


Now onto Max and Jack's big boy room:

from the door....

Max's pictures are taken by the one and only BrandelynLee Photography-- she's amazing! And of course their room is sports themed- what else?


This is Max's dresses and both of them have knick knacks on the shelves. Jack has a big dresser in the closet and they both have lots of hanging clothes room in the closet as well. We found the dresser on Craig's List and the knobs on the internet and the shelves from IKEA.


Here is the beloved bookshelf. They both love books- on their own and when I read to them-- they learned this from mom my who is a sucker for a good book. They could listen to her for house. Come to think of it, I could too. She does voices and sound effects and all. They also have a cork board to display all their church pictures-- my fridge just isn't big enough for them all!


The curtains are again made by the lovely and talented Vicki Noblitt and the dust ruffle too- all coordinating with the bed spread and sports theme but not matchy matchy. Jack also has pictures by the aforementioned BrandelynLee-- and those baby rolls get me every time I pause for a peek. What a boy, that Jack. And that Max. And Gabe. And Sam. Chad too. Ok, all my boys.


Here is Jack's bed-- it's also passed down from the Canups- with matching stuff made by my mom. And yes he's 2 and in a crib for as long as it lasts... meaning, as long as he doesn't crawl out. Why? In a word? Containment. And it's a glorious thing. Of course they have a set of golf clubs, my old rocking chair painted to match, and a laundry hamper so they can clean up after themselves.


Remaining detail that needs done: The valances need pinned so that their more squared and the inhabitants of the room need to learn to go to sleep. 

(please send me a note, a detailed letter, some bullet points, or a poem on how to get them to GO TO SLEEP, when sharing a room, if you have any advice on the matter. They think it's a party. Every night. A party that last many hours. But once they got to sleep, they sleep like little angels til morning. Don't you after a good party? Go figure.)

And Gabe's Man-Cave (he named it!)

The view when you walk in....


His bed, and yes, he makes it that neat himself, seriously.


His cute lamp I found at Target, and his picture from Homegoods.


His Hawks banner his Pawpaw won for him, along with his desk. He did lots of his work here when he home schooled, and still does his bible study here, too. His board is for "important things" as he says and not many things make the cut!


And here is his Gabe-collage made from some of my favorite pictures as he's grown up-- I want to keep adding to it, not only because he's adorable, but as a reminder of how God has grown him up. The black dots are wall decals from Target and you can write on them with chalk-- right now they are some great verses from the bible that I want him to focus on during his 5th grade year. There is nothing better than clothing yourself in scripture!


And his shelves are covered in his favorite books, bins of toys, and lots of lego creations.


Remaining detail that needs done: A picture of some sort for over his shelves-- hoping to find a good soccer one but nothing has grabbed my attention yet. 

And that does it for the tour, thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment