Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Celebration

So last night, I had bible study at my girlfriend's house and I hurried out afterwards to get the baby home, bathed, fed and in bed. His last feeding is typically at 9, but I adjust on Mondays to make it around 9:30 so that I can take him to bible study with me. Chad has never done bed time with this little booger and really just doesn't know much about his routine so I can't leave him yet- and just know that this is not a complaint-- Chad knew the other two inside and out and even kept Max at home one day a week starting at his 6 wk mark- it's just that this baby is so sweet that I just love every single feeding, and so appreciate being home with him and not going back to work that I don't want him to do bottle- so really it's selfish :) Also, Chad isn't up to speed on the Moms on Call methods that I've used with this little guy- honestly, he doesn't EVER read those kind of parenting books or put much thought into it- I just tell him what I've read and what I've decided and ask for input when needed and he's A-ok with that... I think this is called being a man :)

Anyway, so back to last night- we did the routine a little later than normal, and then as I was swaddling him around 10pm and whispering my normal "I love you, baby-- see you soon" I decided to add "actually, I'll see you in the morning, ok?" And I did a soft little laugh and laid him in his bed. He always snuggles in for about 3 minutes and this fusses until I come back and give him his paci again, and then he's out. He never has to be picked up again or rocked or any of that (see, easiest baby ever!) and that's exactly what happened last night. Afterwards, I finished some laundry, did my bedtime routine, and we crawled into our own bed around 11-- honestly, that's really late for me- I go to bed at 10p usually and Chad goes to bed at the same time about 3-4 nights a week... mainly if the Spurs aren't playing (Thank you Jesus that basketball is over!) or some other tv program doesn't have a hold on him.

Next thing I know, I wake up and it's around 5:30am and there is no sounds from the baby. I search my brain trying to remember if I fed him and just forgot?? But "the girls" let me know that I have definitely not fed him in a very long time. (TMI?!?!) So I stare at the monitor and see this:



So I pray and ask God to please make him move or make a noise so I know he's ok AND He does! So I set the monitor down, and I praise God and go back to sleep for another hour... still nothing from the baby! At this point, "the girls" are ready to explode so I start making little noises so Sam will wake up and finally he does around 6:40. 6:40 people! He's 7 weeks old! This is a modern day miracle because I've NEVER had a baby sleep through the night before 9 months and that takes many nights of going in the room repetitively to shush without feeding to "teach" them that they can indeed go 8 hours without me-- I refer to this a Bowman Baby Bootcamp. Hate it. And apparently I'm not going to have to do it this go around. Oh what an angel baby!

So after I fed the baby, I went and made coffee and did my bible study alone. Alone! Did you read that? ALONE! Whhaaaa???? It seriously was a gift from God- I haven't slept through the night since I got pregnant with Sam and I feel like a new woman!

In other news, after all that, I went back to my room and Chad was still in bed sending texts and emails for the day. Jack came in batting a balloon around and saying the phrase Chad seriously hears 10000 times a day "Watch, Daddy, watch!" and of course we were watching and giggling at how cute he was and how hard he was working when all of a sudden Jack screams "gum!" and bends down and picks up something from the carpet and eats it. In our house, gum is mentos, and I was sure that there weren't any mentos in our room- I generally pass those out in the car to quiet chaos or keep people awake- and so I jumped up to see what Jack had put in his mouth. It was a bug. Jack ate a bug this morning. So it's not all sunshine and lollipops around here- I don't want you to get the wrong message. Our babies may sleep through the night but our toddlers also eat bugs.


And in case you forgot, today is my day :) Thank you baby Sam, and thank you Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment