Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Wild Child

The only time Jack holds still all day is when he is strapped in his high chair and eating and I guess that isn't even technically still seeing as though his arms and hands and mouth are all moving. Even when he's sound asleep in his bed, he's moving non-stop like a little wiggle worm. It's really cute to watch on the monitor but when I think about my next 18 years or so, I just laugh. And yawn! This boy is going to keep me on my toes in a way that Max never did, has or will. I never understood why moms always talked about their house in shambles... until this boy! And I'm not the only one that noticed... Jack spent the night with my Mom earlier this week- it was his first night away from me, not at our house, and there was no reason for it-- just because my mom called and offered. Well when I went to pick him up the next day, I noticed that none of my mom's stuff and knick knacks were anywhere to be seen. Then she told me that she actually had to baby proof-- something her nor I had to do with Max.

So let me just give you some photo proof... this is what my living room looks like anytime Jack is awake and about.



And this is where he spends most of his time...



...locked at the top of our stairs in baby jail because all he wants to do is this...




Climb and up down the stairs... here, at the pool, at Annie's, or anywhere there is any sort of ledge he can mount and then dismount. And he prefers to do it while holding stuff.

It makes my heart leap out of my chest every time he starts to wobble a bit-- mainly because concrete and slate tiles are often involved at the bottom. But that doesn't stop him! He get more bumps and bruises on his head in a week than Max has had his whole life! I've recently added those foam square mats at the bottom of the stairs, but it doesn't calm my heart in my chest! And I've tried to relax and not pick up quite so often... but even when it's nap time and I get all the rooms put back together, I know I'm just biding time until my lil tornado reappears :) At least he's cute! And hopefully that gets me through the ER visits that are in my future as well.... the Lord knew what He was doing when He gave me a wild thing, now I'll just spend the next 50 or so years of my life praying for Jack's safety and my blood pressure!

(And if you're wondering about Jack's pained face when he's behind bars, that's his "cheese face"-- when he fake smiles and says cheese... apparently he learned that from Max-- it's a mix between anguish and constipation, and best part is that he thinks he's being precious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment