Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crazy Day

Thursday was a crazy day!  I woke up at 6am and I was at work by 7:15am.  Then I had to leave mid-day for an appointment. Because of the appointment, I worked later than usual and didn't pull in the driveway until 4:15.  I walked inside, thanked our sitter Courtney, walked her to the door, ran around like a tornado for 10 minutes, then had both boy in the "swagger wagon" heading to soccer by 4:25.  Gabe had soccer practice from 5-6pm, then we zoomed home and pulled in the driveway at 6:25- Chad came out to the car, grabbed the boys, and I headed out again.  Thursday night, I have bible study from 7-9pm.  THEN our small group girls meet after that!  I left the church at 11pm on Thursday, and drove the 20 minutes back home.

As I walked in the door, at the end of a long long day, my whole body ached. Not in a complaining, hard/bad day sort of day, just in the exhausted, so tired that I'm not sure I can make it to my bed/ long/ full kind of day.  I rounded the corner to head upstairs to my room, and I see this:



This sight just made me stop in my tracks. Chad's work shoes and Max's play shoes lined up toe to toe.  It was just too sweet and too perfect to not stop and appreciate it. So I poked my head in Max's room and got a glimpse of him snoozing, then I peeked my head in Gabe's room and saw him catching some zzzz's, and then I tiptoed into the room where my man was sleeping. And needless to say, I went to bed with a really full heart and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment